Due Midnight NOV 11 2018
Join our team and gain valuable first hand experience running a gallery space. You will be required to assist exhibiting artists and curators with install and hanging, mind exhibitions and help out during opening nights and other events. In return, you will meet a wide range of artists, art-workers, gallerists and collectors while developing technical, practical and administrative techniques.
To apply please submit a 1 page cv and a brief introduction email to firstname.lastname@example.org . We look forward to meeting you!
Duties will include:
- Assisting with exhibition installation, de-installation and gallery preparation
- Providing information to visitors
- Handling sales and other enquiries
- Welcoming and informing the public, artists and collectors during the course of the exhibition
- Autonomously opening, minding and closing the gallery
- Assisting with administrative duties including room sheet creation and updating the mailing list
- Researching and mediating funding applications
In return, you get:
- To work closely with a variety of local and national artists.
- To learn the correct technical and practical procedures for artwork handling and exhibition installation.
- Insight into curatorial and artistic methodologies with regard to exhibition layout and execution.
- Opportunities to network and further your engagement with the broader Sydney art scene.
- A community of like-minded, enthusiastic artists and professionals.
- The opportunity to develop, curate and oversee a group exhibition with the assistance of the directors the following year.